3 Dinners You Can Throw Together After Work
Having a busy day with work and errands and meetings? You aren’t alone. Most of my clients complain of simply not having enough time at the end of their day to cook a healthy dinner.
This I’m-too-busy-to-cook mentality leads to unhealthy dinner choices from restaurants and fast food chains. And like I’ve told you before, you can exercise every day but if you eat too many calories then you won’t achieve the results that you want.
Today I have 3 quick dinner solutions for you to use on those busy weeknights when you’re tempted to grab a less-than-healthy dinner from a to-go joint. These dinners are both tasty and fitness friendly, so you can stay on track with your results.
Go-To Quick Dinner #1: Honey Mustard Chicken
- 4 large bone-in chicken thighs, skin removed
- ¼ cup Dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon minced garlic
- ½ teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Rinse the chicken and pat dry.
- Combine the mustard, garlic, marjoram and honey together and evenly spread the mixture over each chicken thigh. Place the chicken in a glass casserole pan.
- Bake for 45 minutes, or until cooked through. Enjoy!
Go-To Quick Dinner #2: Leftovers Frittata
- 4 eggs
- ¼ cup milk or broth
- ¼ teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 cup chopped and cooked meat and/or veggies (use leftovers!)
- Olive oil spray
- In a large bowl beat the eggs, milk, thyme, and meat and/or veggies.
- Place an 8-inch non-stick skillet over medium heat until hot and coat with the olive oil spray. Pour in the egg mixture.
- Cook over medium-low heat for 8-10 minutes until the eggs are set. Place under a broiler for 3-4 minutes, until the top is golden. Cut into wedges and serve. Enjoy!
Go-To Quick Dinner #3: Pan Fried Salmon
- 4 (6 oz) skin-on salmon fillets
- sea salt and black pepper
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- Dry the salmon fillets with paper towels and season on all sides with salt and pepper.
- Place the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat until shimmering. Reduce the heat to medium-low and press the salmon fillets in the pan, skin down. Press down firmly for 10 seconds on each fillet.
- Cook for about 7 minutes, until it lifts easily out of the pan without sticking. Flip and sear the other side for 20 seconds. Serve immediately. Enjoy!
I hope you enjoy these quick-n-healthy dinner recipes that are designed to keep you on track and eating healthy even on the busiest of days.
Remember that exercise is vital to getting and staying in phenomenal shape – and I’m here to help you do just that.
Let’s get you into the best shape of your life!
Call or email me now to get started on my best fitness plan. https://southsidebarbelllakeland.com/contact-us/
Follow us on IG!